Disability IT Support – Spring 2024
Join our dynamic team at access: technology as we expand our service and make a profound impact on lives across the country.
We’re thrilled to announce a unique opportunity for the role of Assistive Technology Technician, based in Ripon, North Yorkshire. If you’re a confident, sociable individual with a passion for technology and making a real difference in people’s lives, this is the role for you!
Why choose access: technology?
- Competitive salary: £24k
- Travel compensation: Receive 55p per mile for all client-facing work, with all appointment travel considered part of your workday.
- Growing benefits: Gain an extra day of holiday for each year of service.
- More time for you: Celebrate your birthday with an additional day off.
- Serene location: Our Ripon office is set in the grounds of a beautiful manor estate.
- Pet-friendly office: Yes! Bring your dog to work.
- Flexi-time and agile working: Because work should fit around your life.
- Season pass: Enjoy a season pass to Newby Hall and Gardens for you and guests
Become part of our sector-leading team dedicated to unlocking the potential of assistive technology and transforming lives.
We are a leading assistive technology consultancy specialising in supporting clients with brain injuries. Our mission: transform lives through technology, one individual at a time. We work in home and school environments to provide bespoke technology solutions for disabled children and adults.
Our values are centred around being client-focused and ensuring the highest quality of service. We place a high emphasis on self-reliance in our technicians, empowering you to carry out technical tasks and make decisions effectively, with the backing of our experienced team and a range of multidisciplinary partners.
Who we are looking for:
Are you passionate about gaming? Are you a tech-savvy individual with a heart for making a difference? We are looking for an Assistive Technology Technician who combines a passion for technology with a desire to help others. In this role, you’ll prepare and manage equipment in our office and work on-site in clients’ homes and schools, setting up, maintaining, and repairing their tech. At access: technology, we value your technical skills and your commitment to improving lives through assistive technology. Whether you have a background in IT, education, or hands-on technical work, your passion for enhancing the lives of children and adults with disabilities is what matters to us.
Join our team and apply your technical know-how in a fulfilling and dynamic role. We offer comprehensive training in specialist assistive technology, where your existing skills in IT setup, troubleshooting, and a keen interest in gaming and technology trends will be greatly valued. Be part of a team where your technical expertise directly contributes to enhancing the lives of others, both in the office and out with clients in the field.
- Full, clean driving license and own vehicle.
- Strong IT skills and technical aptitude, including setup of equipment, software installation, and troubleshooting.
- Knowledge of current gaming technology and custom PC building.
- Enhanced DBS eligibility.
- Strong organisational skills and ability to self-motivate.
- Experience in a supportive role, preferably within an educational or healthcare setting.
- Experience working with children and/or adults with learning difficulties and disabilities.
- Experience or interest in supporting users of Assistive Technologies.
- Experience working as part of a multi-disciplinary team alongside education or health care professionals.
How to Apply
Email your CV and cover letter (PDF only) telling us why you’re our perfect AT consultant to email@example.com
If you have any questions or need further information, don’t hesitate to get in touch.
We’re accepting applications until we find the perfect match.